Monday, April 23, 2007

Cheryl Crow Proposes Major Change in America's Bathroom Habits

We are all now to use just one piece of toilet paper in the loo, according to pop warbler Cheryl Crow. This must be the finest example yet of how infantile armchair leftists, particularly those in the entertainment world, purport to "think." A Drudge scare headline expresses this best:

WIPE OUT GLOBAL WARMING: CROW PROPOSES LIMITS ON TOILET PAPER


Drudge's link takes you to a BBC link where even that organization's lefty cadre finds Crow's nonsense a bit too much to bear:

Crow has suggested using "only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required".

The 45-year-old, who made the comments on her website, has just toured the US on a biodiesel-powered bus to raise awareness about climate change.

She teamed up with environmental activist Laurie David for the shows.

The BBC simply allows Crow to hang herself:
I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the solution to global warming," Crow wrote.

"Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating.

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting."

Gee, maybe we should propose a limit on the hot air that Crow and David are generating. We'd have the Ice Age back in a New York minute.

Blogger Don Surber and his commentators continue with the fun. Surber writes, in "Cheryl's Peril":

The BBC has gotten in on Sheryl Crow’s call to limit toilet paper use to one square per sitting. See my previous post, “Crow droppings.”

In case Miss Crow, 45, wonders why people are rebelling — I have a little song parody to explain it:

All I wanna do is wipe my bum
I got a feeling I’m not the only one
All I wanna do is wipe my bum
Until the TP comes off the roll by the yard

You will take my TP when you pry it from my cold brown fingers.

But Surber's commentators get a little more down and dirty. Says one clinical observer:

I suspect that Ms Crow is dealing primarily with female urination. Perhaps in that case a single square would be adequate (although in a house sometimes full of females it seems that way more than that is being used), but I doubt it is adequate for almost any instances of defecation. Perhaps Ms Crow solves that by thoroughly washing her TP-holding hand after the fact, but that is not my favorite exercise.

I’ll cut back on my TP right after she cuts the energy use of her singing and tours by at least 10%.

Says another:

Don’t expect me to start using a single square of toilet paper to wipe my arse until I know that Sheryl Crow does the same.

And I wont believe it till I see it.

But commentator "Chris" sums up our official HazZzMat reaction to this nonsense quite succinctly:

“Perhaps Ms Crow solves that by thoroughly washing her TP-holding hand after the fact, but that is not my favorite exercise.”

Extra washing also increases water usage. The contradictions inherent in their ideas are just so obvious.,.,.,

But that is the essence of today's leftist "thought." It never has to be logical. You just have to feel good about it and be seen by the public as "virtuous." And above all, you have to be seen as posturing against the enemy so that your fellow lefties will all coo and admire you—the primary reason behind these juvenile outbursts.

Speaking of which, Crow and David concluded their educational tour in Washington, DC, over the weekend, where they attended a usually fun-filled annual Washington event, the generally good-natured White House Correspondents' Association Dinner. The dynamic duo quickly exploited this additional opportunity to put their childish behavior on display for public admiration.

Accompanied by aforementioned SUV-owning, private jet-flying intellectual giant David, who produced the Goracle's ridiculous "academy award-winning" propaganda epic on the Republican-caused "global warming crisis," Crow teed off on presidential advisor Rove. The Washington Post is coy about what went down, but at least gave Rove equal time to describe David's original sally forth:
Rove's version: "She came over to insult me and she succeeded."
Crow allegedly tried to act as peacemaker, but ended up engaging Rove as well, and fared equally poorly:
Things got so hot that Crow stepped in to defuse the situation and then got into it with Rove herself. "You work for me," she told the presidential adviser, according to singed bystanders. "No," was his response. "I work for the American people."
I'll take Rove any day, even though his response owes a debt to Mitt Romney's snappy putdown of a puffer-pigeon reporter last October.

One sheet of toilet paper is but a short distance to a staged media brouhaha. If it's not painfully obvious, David's and Crow's antics drive home our point that this enviro-freakishness is all just for show, just another series of PR stunts to get Hollywood and music stars guaranteed fawning reviews in the media which will do anything to make Bush look bad, via Rove or anyone else. Commentator Chris above pointed out the fundamental unseriousness of Crow's asinine proposal. Except for the daintiest among us, one sheet of TP just ain't going to do the job, and it doesn't do the job for Crow either.

All this media blather about another dumb entertainer is, in the end, a waste of perfectly good soy ink and an additional tragedy for the environment.

No comments: