Monday, July 03, 2006

Back in Limited Action

He's ba-a-ack!

Wonker, reporting for duty.

Last Tuesday I went into the hospital for outpatient surgery to arthroscopically repair two torn right rotator cuff tendons. When I awoke later that afternoon, I discovered that while the surgery had started out arthtroscopically, it ended up with three separate incisions as damage, included some bone issues, proved a bit more than arthroscopic could get at easily. I've spent the last few days with my right (typing-writing) arm in a sling, but can now slip it out to type a bit without much discomfort. Meanwhile, stitches come out on Wed, and rehad will begin shortly thereafter, delayed by a bit of titanium that will now become part of my person and perhaps make my next trip through the airport metal detector interesting.

Just figured I'd bring you up to date. Blogging will now re-commence from this quarter, but my own material will probably be a little shorter than the usual well-considered rants, due in part to wanting to take care that things heal correctly as well as the fact that the right arm tends to fatigue fairly quickly.

Meanwhile, much has been going on and I'll try to start catching up.

No comments: