This just in from the BBC:
For the first time since the annual poll began in 2005, America's influence in the world is now seen as more positive than negative....Hmm, let's see. They "report," we decide.
In these nations - or 14 of them, not including the US itself - positive views of the US fell to a low of 28% on average in 2007, from 38% in 2005, but recovered to 35% in 2009 and 40% in this year's poll.
The BBC's perps started taking this poll in 2005, right after GW Bushitler decisively won his second term in office. You know, when "everyone" hated America. And those already low pro-US ratings tended lower and lower until 2007. You know, the year before everyone "made history" and elected Barack Obama, whose longtime unregistered memberships in the Alinsky Marxist and academic postcolonialist clubs was hidden from the electorate by the media, including the BBC.
Now, mirabile dictu, this annual poll--which, surprise, was invented/supported by the Marxist-front BBC's World News Service--shows a decided bump up for the US under Obama's impeccable Marxist stewardship. Apparently, lefty Eurocrats are orgasmic with joy that the US will finally follow their lead, walking hand-in-hand with them towards a socialist, third-world utopia which they will run for our benefit.
Nowhere in this ridiculous puff piece is the methodology of the poll disclosed. But, like the East Anglian climate-change fraudsters, I guess we're just supposed to believe anything that the Euro-leftist elites tell us we should believe. The BBC article implies as much:
Fifteen of the countries have been surveyed every year since 2005, allowing long-term trends to be discerned.Let's see. 2010-2005=5 years. And 5 years is a "long-term trend." Sounds like the BBC has been contracting with the same crack East Anglian "statisticians" who brought us "global warming," eh? You don't need to be a statistician to figure this little game out.
Digging a little further, the article provides us a bit of a clue as to where they're coming from:
"People around the world today view the United States more positively than at any time since the second Iraq war," said Doug Miller, chairman of international polling firm GlobeScan, which carried out the poll with the Program on International Policy Attitudes (Pipa) at the University of Maryland.Well, of course they do. Suddenly, the BBC, the MSM, and PIPA are no longer trashing the US which is now an Obamanation no longer run by the evil, illegitimate Bushitler regime. What a concept.
Digging further we discover that the "Program on International Policy Attitudes" is yet another front organization supporting, among other things, unilateral (US) disarmament, something Obama's socalled nuclear conference last week was also subtly endorsing.
A list of PIPA's underwriters reads like a Who's Who of the American anti-nuke, anti-US left. Here's a partial roster with each organization followed by my own comments:
- Rockefeller Foundation [Co-opted by the left decades ago]
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund [Supports left-tinged "social justice" causes]
- Tides Foundation [One of the most notorious and secretive hard left subversive nonprofits]
- Ford Foundation [Another longtime, once capitalist foundation undermined by decades by leftist control]
- German Marshall Fund of the United States [Yet another organization taken over some time ago by "global warming," er, "climate change" fanatics]
- Compton Foundation [Provides high-minded support for "Peace & Security, Population & Reproductive Health, or Environment & Sustainability,; i.e., unilateral disarmament, abortion, and global warming fanatics]
- Carnegie Corporation [Ditto Rockefeller and Ford Foundations, another reliable source for lefty funding that would have Henry Ford turning over in his grave]
- Benton Foundation [Supports "innovation" in the Internet realm, i.e., socialist-style "net neutrality," which support is hidden under neutral sounding catchphrases]
- Ben and Jerry's Foundation [Need we say more?]
- Stanley Foundation [UN True Believers]
- Ploughshares Fund [Unilateral disaremers and global warmists]