Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cypress String Quartet Disappoints at Wolf Trap

Didactic, disappointing performance by the Cypress String Quartet Friday evening at "The Barns," a delightful performing arts facility at Wolf Trap here in northern Virginia, a venue better known for its outdoor Filene Center. The quartet actually accompanied a banal film that softly bashes America, a tired yet continuous meme constantly pushed by the left. For my review of the performance, click here to learn about "The Cypress Quartet's muddled America."

For those who haven't checked my bio sketch lately, I still review music, theater, and the arts for the Washington Times, currently online under their Washington Times Communities tab, subtab "Entertain Us." You can find my reviews in my column "Curtain Up!" I might as well let you know they're there. 

Meanwhile, I'll be posting another review either later tonight or early tomorrow on the Washington National Opera's new production of Puccini's Madama Butterfly. Not to telegraph my opinion, but I'll give you a hint: See if you can get a ticket.

No comments: