Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tabitha Hale Speaks

If you haven't already seen it, here's a video taken by Madison, Wisconsin FreedomWorks worker Tabitha Hale. Using her iPhone, she was trying to assist a fellow staffer attempting to interview a surly thug who's allegedly a member of the Communications Workers--a union whose members include "reporters" working for the MSM, BTW. The FreedomWorkers were just trying to do a typical man-on-the-street interview; you know, the kind the MSM always tries to do with Tea Party people. Here's the reaction:





Nice, huh? So much for the always non-violent left.

Says Tabitha today, via RedState:
Basically, it’s ridiculous. I’m a 5′1 female in a dress, and he was standing up on a garden wall above me in the courtyard. He hardly felt threatened. I was stunned, because generally protesters are there to, you know, get their message out. They don’t normally shy away from the camera.... I’m very much okay, and very appreciative of the support from my fellow bloggers and activists today. I am, however, shaken up by the level of sheer hatred I experienced today. The look of fury on his face in the close up is appalling....
And now the money quote (my italics):
This just can’t be tolerated anymore. It’s one thing to be called a violent teabagger. It’s another to be called a violent teabagger while you’re being assaulted. They’ve been comparing themselves to the Egyptians ousting Mubarak. Looks like they’re not too far off, given that they share the tendency to assault women with cameras.
Touché!

The violence, both physical and verbal, that we're experiencing in what passes for public discourse today is coming almost entirely from America's machine Democrats and left-wing public employee unions. The video above should at least help dispel any notions to the contrary.

Update: When I first relayed this report, I had reason to believe that it came from Madison, Wisconsin. Michelle Malkin has this happening in DC where FreedomWorks is located. I point of fact, although the incident clearly happened, I can't at the moment independently corroborate just exactly which city hosted this violent farce. I can say, however, that, evidenced from Tabitha Hale's own website, Tabitha herself lives in or around DC with some deal of political discomfort. I sympathize, because I live here too.

No comments: