Monday, September 01, 2008

More on the Palin Pregnancy "Scandal"

This story, at least momentarily, is actually displacing the hurricane coverage frenzy this afternoon. To recap, over the last 48 hours or so, on thin visual evidence, Stalinists in the left-wing blogosphere promoted the smear that Republican Veep nominee Sarah Palin's teenage daughter had actually born the governor's latest child, a "fact" that was being hushed up. (See our earlier post and followup here.)

Now we discover that the young woman IS in fact pregnant, will deliver (not abort) the baby and marry the baby's dad. Gosh, what a scandal. The whole thing should have been off-limits to the press (and would have been if the daughter had been named Chelsea), but such discreet behavior is only undertaken when dealing with Democrat candidates.

Hugh Hewitt has just put up a post discreetly exploring this topic, and his thoughts are certainly worthy of note as they always are. However, I was struck by the the following commentator's story which followed Hugh's post:
When I, myself, became pregnant in college, my soon-to-be mother in law (a hard-core liberal Democrat who had openly encouraged me to have un-married sex with her son) expressed her “disappointment” in both of us – and immediately pushed for an abortion. My own mother (a sex-before-marriage-is-sin Catholic) immediately comforted me, affirmed her love for me and said, “There’s always room in our family for another baby.” My husband and I have been JOYFULLY married 21 years and have 4 amazing kids…. What an beautiful gift of love my mother gave me that day!

Babies...Punishment vs. Love. I think I’ll take love.

As indicated in our earlier post, Mr. and Mrs. Wonk embarked on married life in similar fashion 37 years ago--not the recommended route for marital success but one that can work with patience, hard work, and lots of love.

Though I'd like to comment further on the topic, nothing I could think of would be as elegant as this brief commentary on Hugh's site which explains, succinctly and without irony, the key virtue that is always missing in the hearts and minds of the hard left. It's why they won't close the sale this November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All would have been well if Governor Palin's daughter had immediately had an abortion and then accused her fiance(!) of rape.

Gobalone