Monday, October 04, 2010

California's Supremes tell public employees to take a hike

This just in from the Governator:
The California Supreme Court Monday handed down a unanimous opinion to uphold Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's furlough of state employees during the budget impasse. 
Overruling lower court judge-idiotarians, I might add.

About time. You know, looking back myself on a long work-life, I'd have to say that I've worked for my fair share of idiots over the years. Nonetheless, some of them provided me with the opportunity to earn a pretty decent living over all. And of course, had I hated things enough around any given workplace, I could have simply taken a hike. No one was keeping me there.

And so it is now for most of the public employees of California. Union or no, they too can experience what their own arrogance and greed has wrought. They too can sustain an effective pay cut, just like most worker bees in the private sector have--at least those who haven't already lost their jobs and their benefits. Benefits they had to pay a good deal of $$ for anyway, I might add, unlike some people.

Time to wake up, public employees. Who the hell do you think is paying your overly rich salaries? And how do you think they can pay for your luxurious benefits packages when they themselves often have none at all?

No comments: