Monday, February 06, 2006

Atrios: A Strange New Respect?

We generally avoid getting anywhere near the commentary of left-wing fulminator Atrios, but then we read this:
I don't want Iran to have nukes. I don't think that's a good thing for the world. I certainly didn't want Pakistan or India to have nukes. But is a nuclear Iran really a threat to us? Certainly an Iran-with-nukes could blow the hell out of a city or two, but an Iran that did such a thing would pretty much cease to exist. It isn't mutually assured destruction, it's you fuck with us a little bit and YOU NO LONGER LIVE BITCHES!
Instapundit is ready to nominate Atrios for Secretary of State. Are we experiencing political realignment here??!!

UPDATE: A Little Green Footballs reader makes the following observation:
Well, I guess since it wasn’t said by a Little Green Footballs commenter, it doesn’t count as anti-Muslim hate speech.
Heh.

2 comments:

Scott Hinrichs said...

How can an anti-nuke leftist suddenly threaten to wipe a nuclear Iran off the map?

Wonker said...

Dear Reach,

Hey, beats me. That's why I posted it. You can never quite parse these guys. They operate according to the dialectic, not logic.